Getting started with BrewMonday and getting your devices online
- BrewMonday account
- Gateway - Either purchased from us, or your own Raspberry Pi 3B+ (support for other Pi's coming soon) with our gateway software installed
- WiFi or ethernet connection (to go from the Gateway to your internet router)
- Either a Brew i/o device or a Bluetooth device such as a Tilt
- If you will be using a Brew i/o device, you'll also need at least one 4-20mA sensor
- 2.Log into your account, click on the
- 3.To the right of one of the devices, click the "Gear" icon and select
Raspberry Pi Gatewayfor the Device Type. You may also give the device a different name.
- 5.Note the
Device Auth Keyas you will need these when you configure your Gateway.
- 6.Click the
Savebutton to save your changes.
There are two options for BrewMonday gateway devices at the moment:
a. Purchase a ready-to-go WiFi gateway from us This is essentially a plug-and-play device with a web interface that is simple to set up. Simply select your network, enter your WiFi password, and enter your device credentials from the BrewMonday app. If you've purchased a Gateway from us follow the instructions here:
b. Set up your own gateway with a Raspberry Pi This will cost a bit less and requires a little bit of messing around on the command line, but we provide detailed instructions and can be done in just a few minutes. If you'd like to go this route, please follow our guide here:
Once you've added a Device in the BrewMonday app and your Gateway is up and running, head back over to the BrewMonday App and click the
Beaconslink in the navigation.
+icon in the top-right corner and select your Gateway device in the dropdown menu.
Add a Tilt Hydrometersection, give it a name and select your Tilt color from the dropdown menu.
You're now able to assign your Tilt to a Batch or a Dashboard Block.
Brew i/o devices are provisioned to user accounts before they are shipped and require little to no setup, aside from attaching the sensors and turning it on. They are auto-discoverable by the BrewMonday Gateway and start sending data right away.
We'll have instructions for the Brew i/o posted here shortly.